How the kids book club works
Each book that we read in The Book Dragon Club has an accompanying pack, full of fun activities.
We organise our bookshelves (and our memberships) into three reading levels:
picture books, chapter books, and advanced readers.
Whichever you choose, there are hours of entertainment bursting from each pack!
- Book box membership. Receive a beautifully packaged box with the book-of-the-month for your chosen reading level and accompanying activity pack every month, delivered to your door in a letterbox friendly size. Just choose your reading level – easy! This membership includes full online access too. Note – this is currently only available in the UK.
- Online membership. All the activities are uploaded to our clubhouse and ready for you to download at home. This subscription does not include a physical book/ printed activity pack which saves you money as you can borrow the book from the library, and gives you flexibility if you prefer an ebook or audio version. Activities are kept online for three months, to allow for slower readers.
Subscribe today to receive our next book & activity pack
Our book club goal is to
- Encourage reluctant readers
- Excite and inspire book dragons
- Build a lifelong love of books
- Develop imagination and creativity
- Explore a diverse range of authors and genres
- Include a wide range of cross curricular activities
- Provide an immerse learning environment
What’s included in the book club activity packs?
- Literacy and comprehension exercises
- Book club-style questions to prompt discussion
- Quizzes and puzzles
- Themed cross-curricular activities including arts, crafts, science, geography, history, languages, and cookery
- Links to other interesting videos and websites
Does that sound good?
See what’s on our bookshelves at the moment
Perfect picture books for little book club readers, and their grown-ups!
Aimed at our youngest readers and listeners, the picture books in this section of the club are as fun to read aloud as they are to listen to.
Here are our latest picture book reads …
You can’t take an elephant on the bus
Classic transport-themed humour.
The Book with No Pictures
This will have the kids rolling on the floor in fits of laughter and begging you to read it again, and again.
Superheroes don’t get scared
A fun story, plus a great way tot start an important conversation.
For our fabulous chapter book club members
Aimed at intermediate readers, the chapter books in this section of the club have short chapters to help readers gain confidence as they move away from picture based texts (although you’re never too old to enjoy an illustrated book, and graphic novels can have very well written and complex plots so should not be viewed negatively).
Here are our latest chapter book reads …
This spooky selection is guaranteed to make you laugh (not all Zombies are scary!)
Jack Stalwart, secret agent
A classic spy story, with lots of gadgets and a missing dinosaur toe.
A classic “pick-a-path” adventure in a fantastic setting.
For the advanced readers in our book club
Aimed at independent readers, these are longer books. The books in this section of the club are chosen to encourage members to explore a wide variety of genres and authors.
Here are our latest advanced reads …
The Haunting of Aveline Jones
Who says spooky books are only for Halloween? Our November selection is a mystery that you won’t be able to put down!
Anisha, Accidental Detective
Our December selection is a fast paced mystery with a wonderful Indian wedding backdrop.
The Vanishing Trick
A whodunnit with a historical setting. Lots of scope for science and magic activities.